Friday, January 20, 2017

Did You Miss Me?

Well, friends, I've had a long rest.
I was reluctant to get up and get back to work.


Eventually, however, I decided it was time to get back to the computer.
I started with the comfortable...
I checked my Google+ page.


It seemed that at least 6 of you were happy to hear that the blog was returning.
So, I opened up the ol' blog writing page.


I stared at the blank page waiting for inspiration to hit me.


Then I switched over to YouTube and watched my favorite 
bird video for awhile.


I didn't really want to stop, but I knew I had to get back
to writing eventually, so I returned to the blog page.
And here we are.


As you may know, (if you've been keeping up with me on G+), it's been winter here.

Let me rephrase that.

It's been 'oh-my-gosh-is-it-ever-going-to-stop-snowing?' WINTER here.


Below freezing temperatures and ridiculous amounts of snow 
and ice make for one VERY bored cat.


Mom's been complaining that my toys are EVERYWHERE.
I haven't even been able to settle down for bedtime without getting
a few good kicks of frustration in first.


I've had nothing to do but eat and sleep.


I have fond memories of the warm weather.
I pine for the days when I could go outside and chomp
on my favorite tasty plant.


Mom was kind enough to plan ahead this year.
She actually potted some of the tasty plant to keep in the house.
But I wanted the big plant that grows outside.


Finally, we got a bit of a thaw and Mom let me venture out.
I headed straight for the tasty plant.


Let me tell you...I was sorely disappointed!
I knew where it was supposed to be, but all I could 
see was that horrid snow!


So, I did what any sensible cat would do.
I ran back inside.


It took me forever to get my paws to feel normal again.
I had to lick the snow melt off my hind paws...


...and then my forepaws.


When I finished, I went to find Mom sitting at the dining room table.
I asked her to entertain me.


She didn't do a very good job.
So I went to find my own entertainment.
I paid a visit to Bossk.


Let me take a moment to introduce Bossk.
First, Mom trained him to bite.
Sometimes he bites hard. Sometimes it's more of a kiss than a bite.


Secondly, she trained him to choose between foods.
Some days he chooses yellow, sometimes blue.
Sometimes he can't decide.


Now, you might think that I want to eat Bossk.

I don't.

Sure, I like to watch him swim.
I even bat at him through the glass once in awhile.
Truthfully, however, all I really want is his filtered water.


So that's how I've been spending my winter.
I hope you all are having more fun than I am.

I can hear you telling me that I have toys and a fish
and a Mom and Daddy who love and play with me.

But ultimately...I am a discontented cat by nature.


So, until winter is over, I'll nap as much as possible.


And maybe get up to write the blog from time to time.

>^.^<


No comments:

Post a Comment