Thursday, February 2, 2017

Winter of Discontent

Winter is driving me absolutely crazy.


I wait and wait for a chance to glimpse the great outdoors.


When I finally do, however, I am sorely disappointed.


Take a moment to see things from my point of view.
That darn snow is still piled high.
It won't melt.
All it does all day and all night is block my view of
the tasty plant and my vole hunting grounds.


Mom tries to keep me entertained indoors with toys and nip.


I'm just can't seem to enjoy them for very long.

So she tried giving me a nighttime walk when it warmed up
above freezing temperatures.
First I visited what should have been the tasty plant...


...then I wandered down the path a bit.


Then my feet got cold and I went back inside.

Understanding my displeasure, Mom tried to cheer me up with some bisque.


That only helped a little bit.

One day I tried to find the vole.


I stared for as long as my paws could handle the cold pavement,
but I think the vole must be frozen somewhere in the icy snow.
(Mmmmm....volesicle...)


With the outdoors being such a huge disappointment,
I returned to the warmth of the indoors.

Lately, the cabin fever has gotten to me.
I've begun, for long periods of time, to stare at this thing:


I call it the 'doinngg'.
Sometimes I touch it. 


I really have no idea what it's purpose is.
It's just there.
Taunting me.


I have made a few attempts at actual play.



But those don't last more than a few minutes.

I take what comfort I can from the potted tasty plant.


In the end, however, I'm becoming more and more discontent.


At least January is finally gone.
Unfortunately, February has begun with...
you guessed it. 
 Snow.

>^.^<



No comments:

Post a Comment