Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Ups and Downs

Over the past couple of days things began to go my way.
It all started with an ACTUAL nighttime recon.
It was a nice long one too!


Then, the next day, Mom put my favorite patio chair 
out onto the grass.
I could keep an eye on the neighborhood without touching
 the wet grass or blocking the sidewalk traffic.


This also gave me a great view of Felix.


He had a good view of me, too.


By day three, however, things took a turn for the worse.
Mom got out her sleeping bag.
She does this a couple times a year, but I wasn't expecting 
it until autumn.


I tried to put it out of my mind.
So I opted to spend some quality time with Mom.
I agreed to go with her and the Nice Ladies on a 
human style daytime recon.
This time, however, Mom and I rode in the 
back seat of the golf cart.
I must say that it was an entirely different experience
than riding in the front seat!


Still, I was secured to Mom, so it wasn't
long before I relaxed and enjoyed the ride.


I even felt secure when Mom tried for those
difficult camera angles.


The rest of the day was fairly pleasant.
Then I remembered the awful truth.
Mom had indeed packed a bag to go with her sleeping bag.
At least it was a small backpack and not a suitcase.


She also kept saying that she would miss me.
That's never a good sign.


Still, there is an upside.
Daddy didn't do any packing.
I guess it's going to be male bonding time for a couple of days.

>^.^<


No comments:

Post a Comment