Friday, June 26, 2015

Vet's Office? No Problem!

Yesterday, just when I thought everything was normal,
Sneaky Girl showed up.
She usually makes an appearance at night,
so this daytime appearance made me wonder.
You see, when she shows up during the day,
she takes Mom places.
I don't know where, just...places.
So I was extra surprised when Mom picked up my car harness.
It seems, this time, I would be taken someplace.
I was a bit uneasy being in a strange car.


I had this terrible sense of foreboding.


It seems my anxiety was justified.
We weren't in the hot car for very long.
Nope.
We stopped in the nice air-conditioned vet's office.
That's right.
I found myself at the vet.


I actually didn't mind it as much as being
in an unfamiliar car on a hot day.
Well, I can't say I liked having a thermometer
shoved up my bum.


I took to exploring my options.
It wasn't long before I found a bag of cat treats.
I, being an extra finicky cat, wasn't actually interested
in the treats.
I just wanted to crawl into the shelf space behind them.


Mom told me that wasn't allowed.
So I checked the drawers underneath the exam table.


Closed.

Well, as it turns out, I got the really nice vet lady.
She gave me a sparkling clean bill of health...
and a shot.
In her defense, I barely noticed when she gave me the shot.
She had an excellent bedside manner.
She even remembered the name of the cat that lived with
Mom and Daddy before me.

When it came time to leave, Mom actually had to 
coax me out of the vet's office.

Once I saw the car, however, I knew it was time to go home.
So I hopped right in.


Yeah, that's right.
I'm that amazing!
Perfect health report.
Well behaved.
I got this down!
The car ride home was a breeze.


When we got there, we went right into the Nice Ladies' office.
I didn't even try for the door that lead home.
Well, until I saw Mom heading that way.
I guess she was just closing it, though.
She promptly told me to stay.
And you know what?
I stayed.
There was a lady visiting the office at the time.
When she saw how well behaved I was, she was shocked.
Mom was so proud.


When we finally left the office, I quickly checked to 
see if my neighbor, Felix, was in his window.


It took him awhile to show up,
but eventually he did.


After telling him about my glowing health report,
I got out of the heat and settled down in the dining room.


Sure, my bum's a bit sore, but I realize just how good I have it.


Nothing left to do but curl up on Mom's lap and soak up
all the 'good boy' praises she doles out.

Of course, if anyone even thinks of touching my bum
I'm going to give them a good loud hiss!

>^.^<

No comments:

Post a Comment