Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Human Interference

The past couple of days have been hot.
Still, it hasn't stopped me from enjoying a lot of 
time out on the sidewalk.
With Mom always nearby and neighbors walking by 
frequently to use the pool, I have but one goal:

To catch sight of a cat in the neighbors' windows.


You may remember my next door neighbor, Felix, the Russian Blue.


As it turns out, the people that live above Felix recently
adopted a new kitten into their home.
A Tuxedo like myself.
Her name is Cocoa...well, in all honesty, I don't know how to spell her name.
(And let's face it, the possible spellings are numerous.)


Well, in-between neighbor cat sightings,
I did my best to enjoy the sidewalk.


There was just one problem.
You see, I happen to be incredibly cute
and photogenic.
So, when Sneaky Girl came to visit,
she couldn't resist taking pictures of me.


AND, you may notice, that Mom was also taking pictures.


I mean, seriously, can't a cat just be king of the sidewalk
without all the human interference?


At least with the warm weather, Mom and Daddy
are spending time outside after sunset.
Of course, that's when Mom insists on adding the harness
and tether.  Something about me being less trustworthy after dark.
Whatever.


O.K., so that outdoor neighborhood cat came into my territory
and I would've run after him if I hadn't been tethered.
I didn't even get close enough to ask him what he wanted.
My humans wouldn't allow it.
Darn human interference...AGAIN!

No matter.
I just went back to looking up at the neighbors' windows.


Of course, I also went to the very end of my tether
and watched for the intruder to return.
He didn't.


Then, yesterday, I went outside to find that my 
tasty plant had been cut.
Well, I know who did that!
HUMANS!
They just keep interfering with my world.


Still, there IS this nice sidewalk to roll on.


Even if I have to keep rolling my back to the camera.


Also, there's the occasional neighbor cat sighting.


So I guess I can't complain about human interference too much.
Even though I still have a camera in my face way more than I'd like.


I guess that's the curse of being so adorable.


The least I can do is look annoyed for the camera.


Or maybe make it obvious that I'm trying to ignore it.


Maybe I should just be content that I have a good home
with humans that really care about me.

Me? Content?
Yeah, that's not going to happen.

>^.^<

No comments:

Post a Comment