Friday, March 27, 2015

Springtime Stress

Wednesday I awoke to the rare monster
known as the power washer.
At first, I hid under the bed, but it seemed to be
attacking the very wall I was hiding against.
As it moved further away, I came out from under 
the bed and began staring at the door,
hoping Mom would take the hint.


She didn't...at least not as soon as I would've liked.


The rest of the day would've pretty routine for a Wednesday.
A visit to the Nice Ladies' office, a visit from Tornado Girl...
Mom leaving me.
Except that Mom left me twice.
TWICE!

Well, at least Mom understood my need to go on a 
nighttime recon.


After all, one must reevaluate one's perimeter when
there's been monster activity.


So, after checking things out, I opted for some
tethered patio time.


Thursday was alright, I guess.
It too, was a bit routine...at first.
As I sat in the window sunning myself to start my day,
I saw the Nice Ladies walk by.
When they passed by again, I gave them a head nod of acknowledgment.
You know, the ol' chin up "yo, what's up?" sort of greeting.

It was an absolutely beautiful spring day.
I wanted so badly to enjoy some time out on the patio.
Mom even encouraged me to do so.
There was just one problem...


...a constant flow of activity from strange humans.
They just kept going back and forth in front of my patio!
It made my patio time less than enjoyable.
In fact, it wasn't until they had all gone that I actually
went outside for any amount of time.


Unfortunately, by then Mom was leaving me again!

I must admit to being a little stressed out lately.
So, to try to cope, I've been using Mimzy.

First of all, understand that when I go to bed at night,
(early morning...whatever), Mom always takes Mimzy and
makes sure she's in the room with me.
Wednesday night Mom had put Mimzy on the desk next
to my food bowl.
She knows me so well.
So, when she got up briefly in the morning,
I took Mimzy all the way down the hall and into the living room.
I set her next to my scratching post by the door to the patio.

Then, when she left me Thursday night,
I played with Mimzy and left her by the curtain in the hallway.

When Daddy left to go get Mom and bring her home,
I put Mimzy back in my food dish where she belongs.


She is my comfort toy after all.

Well, since Mom was finally home, I expected 
a good nighttime recon.


She said she wasn't in the mood.


Not in the mood?!
I don't even understand how that's possible!

All I know is, Friday I'd  better get some good
patio time, and nighttime recon AND Mom had better 
stay home where she belongs!

>^.^<


No comments:

Post a Comment