Monday, April 7, 2014

Gaining Courage

(3)

Yesterday I was a bit insecure to begin with.
Mom and Daddy had left for a couple of hours,
so I put Mimz in my food bowl again.


It was a beautifully sunny spring day,
so I soaked up some warmth in the window.


Mom coaxed me outside to enjoy the spring weather.


However, my insecurities got the better of me
and I went to the safety of my bed...
harness and all.


Mom enticed me a second time.


Well, I had to admit, the new spring grass was good.

Next thing I knew, Mom and Daddy got it into
their heads that it would be a good idea to take
me out for a car ride!

We went into a human store, so I rode in 
my Traveling Bag.

When we got back into the car, I was in no mood
to face the world.


Then, as it turns out, I began to find my courage.


I have to admit, I kind of enjoyed it.

We stopped to sit outside for a bit.
I once again retreated to the security of my 
Traveling Bag.


I was less than pleased.


Mom made me come out.
I was nervous at first, but then she showed
me this nice cubby hole!


Once again, I began to find my courage.


I even began to think I might look around
this place some more!


Yep, bravery was beginning to take hold.


Mom didn't even have to carry me much after that.


When we went home, Auntie and Uncle 
came to visit again.
That was nice.

Once it got quiet again with just Mom and I,
I asked if I could go on a nighttime walk.


Mom wasn't interested.
So I curled up next to her on the couch instead.


I guess she's done alright by me after all.





No comments:

Post a Comment