Thursday, April 17, 2014

News and Nighttime Walk

(1)

Yesterday I heard some skateboarders outside,
so I hid under the bed.


Long after they left, Mom had to convince me it was safe to come out.

She took me outside to face the day head on.


It was pretty nice.


We got the mail and visited Nice Lady 1 in the office.
At first things weren't bad.
I just waited by the door in hopes of going home.


But then I hid under the couch until Mom called me to leave.

Once we got home, I enjoyed some more time outside,
but the weather was beginning to change.


It got a bit cold and windy.
It also smelled like wildfires, but Mom
said it was controlled burns and I shouldn't worry.

I asked to visit the tasty plant, and Mom actually let me!


No harness, just Mom keeping a close eye on me!
I felt pretty free.

Still, we didn't like the air, so Mom and I retreated to the indoors.

Mom played with me for a bit.
Then, before I knew it, Wednesday Guy came and took Mom away.

Finally, Daddy brought Mom home.
She put my harness on as if to take me on a nighttime walk!

I was excited, but she took awhile getting herself ready.


Harness on.
Waiting....

Finally!
I stopped to thoroughly investigate the smells
left by those other cats I see all the time.


Then Mom let me go almost anywhere I wanted!



We had a good long walk!


Then too many people started walking their dogs,
which made me feel less safe.
Mom was attentive to my mood and took me home.

After I stared out the window for a bit,
bemoaning the fact that I was no longer outside,
I settled onto Mom's lap.


Today was pretty good.

Lately I've been feeling more and more insecure.


Mom's getting a bit worried, I guess.
There used to be a couple of things that scared me,
but I'd bounce back pretty quickly.

Recently, as you may have noticed, I've taken to hiding more frequently.


So, I have an announcement to make.
Mom's going to put the blog on hiatus so she can focus on my needs.
I hope you understand.
This, of course, make ME very happy.
I'll still be on my Google+, so check there for updates.

Don't worry, I'll be back here before you know it!


No comments:

Post a Comment