Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas 2014 Extravaganza

Christmas Eve I did nothing all day.
It was quite nice.
At some point in the evening, Mom and Daddy
left me home alone for quite awhile.

Eventually they saw fit to come home.
To my surprise we went right back out.

I guess they just came home to get me,
so that was nice.

We went and found some pieces of tree to
bring into the house.
Now, I can't say I understand this.
First, the humans put a small fake tree in the house.
Then they go get bits of real tree.
I guess it's a weird tradition that just my
humans have.
They're the same trees we have all over town 
all year round.  I don't see why they have to
come into the house every December, but...whatever.

I enjoyed the adventure that night just the same.
We even saw a bunch of deer.

Mom and Daddy let me watch them for awhile
from the safety of the car.

It was here that Mom was hoping 
for a new camera for Christmas.

After all, we could see that deer WAY
better than the camera could.
Mom had to try really hard to get a decent shot.

I'm pretty sure the deer thought we were weird.

Then we drove around town and looked at
all the pretty lights.

Obviously, the next day was Christmas!

When I got up, I couldn't wait to open presents,

but I was good and patient.

Finally! Mom handed a present to me!
At first I had to make sure there was
nothing left in the wrapping paper.

Then I showed Mom and Daddy that I 
appreciated the gift.

That's right, I got nip!

Then Mom and Daddy gave me my mitten.
(They have stockings, I have a mitten.)

Oh man!
Nip AND a toy!

Okay, it was the toy I got on vacation,
but it was AWESOME!

Just between you and me,
old favorites can make better gifts sometimes
than new strange smelling things.

I went all hyper after that!

It was at this point:

that Mom wished her new camera was 
already charged.
(Yeah, she got one.)
After all, I love to play in the room with
the least amount of light.

Fortunately she got it charged before
this happened:

First, that was the last picture she took with the
old camera.  
Second, the power went out.
That's right, no power.
No power meant no cooking Christmas dinner.

It had been out for a couple of hours by the
time we packed up and went to Nice Boy's house.

They were so nice to take us in!

They had a lovely Christmas dinner and
a lovely Christmas tree.

That's right, they had done it too.
They brought an outside tree inside.

I had to investigate this human tradition further.

Then I made myself at home.

I even played a short tune on the piano.

A very short tune.
It was called, "I'm Going to Sit in the Window".

After that, Mom decided I needed a Christmas bow.

I tolerated it.
I guess I was feeling festive.

After our pleasant visit with the Nice Family,
we went home.

I do love nighttime car rides.

I was also happy to find that the power was back on.
Mostly because it meant that our new fish
wouldn't freeze.

I'd hate to lose my TV show again.

Then Auntie and Uncle came over.
Apparently their power was still out.

We all just sat around at relaxed for the rest of the night.

When Auntie and Uncle returned home,
they texted us and told us their power had
just been restored.

I must say, we did have a very merry Christmas.

I hope you did too!