Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Nighttime

Yesterday Mom was gone for much of the day.
When she was home, I just wanted to sleep.

That is, until night came around.

I asked her for a nighttime walk.


What she gave me was a compromise.

She put me on the tether outside.


During the day I stay obediently on the patio, but at night
I can't resist the temptation to wander off.
So it's either the tether or the leash at night.

I sat out there for a long time, taking in the smells and sounds.

The kitties upstairs were watching the night from behind their window.
I called to them, but all they did was stare at me.

So I sat under my window and tried to stare up at them.


I couldn't see them from that angle,
so I just enjoyed the nice elevated seat.


Eventually, of course, I went back inside and snuggled up next to Mom on the couch.




No comments:

Post a Comment