Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Solitary Sunday; Melancholy Monday

Sunday that girl came over.
I only see her about once a year.
Even so, I get the feeling she and Mom are very close.

This is me trying to figure her out:


She doesn't talk like most humans.
I'm beginning to understand that she uses her hands to communicate.
She's very nice, so I think if she were around more I'd come 
to like her very much.

Then, she, Mom and Daddy all left for hours.
When they came back, she wasn't with them, but Mom and Daddy
smelled like Nice Boy's house.

Mom finally picked up on the fact that I was bored out of my mind
after being left alone most of the day.

She picked up a string and played with me.


I had a lot of fun.


Then, when Mom was trying to drink her water,
I licked the condensation from the bottom of her glass.


I absolutely LOVE the condensation on drinking glasses!

Monday was pretty normal.
Except that I've developed a new quirk.

I've taken to burrowing between the sheets and blankets 
on the bed to sleep at night.


Then, after I get up to eat, I curl up on the window sill
and sleep some more.


Monday was cold.
It only got into the low 50's (F°) and there was a 
really cold wind coming off the mountains.

Then it rained for a bit in the afternoon.
I thought June was supposed to be warmer than this.

It made me a bit melancholy.

Monday Aunt and Uncle came over.
When they left, Mom even gave me a nighttime walk.


But it wasn't enough.


I wanted to stay out longer.




No comments:

Post a Comment