Thursday, July 31, 2014

Wind and Lightning

Yesterday Mom went on the mail/office run without me.
Which is fine, because I didn't want to get out of bed.

When I did get up she wasn't back yet,
so I napped on the dining room chair.

This is the expression she got from me upon her return:


Fortunately she was smart enough to let me go out and enjoy the patio.


It was hot and cloudy.
I had been out there for quite awhile when a sudden gust 
of wind startled me!
I ran into the house without thinking.
It's a good thing I did, too!
Not two seconds after I made it into the house there was a loud
CRASH!
The upstair neighbors' wind chime blew off their balcony 
and hit right where I had been sitting!
There were sea shells everywhere!

I rebounded quickly.
I wanted to go back outside.
The wind got me all excited and hyper.

Then, on the horizon, the storm hit.


It left us alone, except for the wind.
No rain, no thunder.
(We all know how I feel about thunder!)

Still Mom made me come in, but she kept going in and out. 
So I kept sneaking out with her.
Then Daddy showed up and took Mom away.
I had forgotten it was Wednesday.

Hours later Daddy brought her home again.
The first thing I did when she walked in the door 
was beg for a nighttime walk.


That didn't go over very well.

She decided I was too bored for my own good 
and brought out my tunnel.


Yeah, not what I wanted, Mom.
She wanted to eat dinner and do stupid boring human things.


So I just pouted on the back of the couch until she gave me what I wanted.
Do I have to spell it out?

N-I-G-H-T-T-I-M-E-W-A-L-K-!



No comments:

Post a Comment