Friday, September 19, 2014

Just When I Had Given Up

Yesterday Mom let me stay in the window sill
while she went on the usual rounds without me.

When she came home, I was happy to see her.


Apparently she wasn't feeling very well and decided
to spend much of the day in the chair with her feet up.

So I got to curl up on her lap for a really long time.

When evening came, she let me out on my tether for awhile.


Then Monday Aunt came over and I came inside.

Eventually everyone was there.
Mom, Daddy, and both Monday Aunt and Uncle.
The only person missing was Sarcastic Monday.
Then again...IT WASN'T MONDAY HUMANS!

It sure felt like it.

I went through cycles of activities.
I would run around a play.


Then settle close to Mom.




Then play, then settle...you get the idea.


I got a great nap in again while all the humans were 
watching their shows.
All the while, Mom stroked my paw.


It was nice.
I had pleasant dreams.

When all the extra humans left I thought  
all the nighttime activities were over.
Mom didn't seem interested in doing anything,
and Daddy was busy on the computer.
So I settled onto a blanket.

Then suddenly Mom got up and unlocked the door.
I meowed with so much excitement that my voice 
came out all weird.
Mom and Daddy seemed very amused by it.

Then Mom got out my harness and leash.
I couldn't contain myself!

"Open the door already, Mom!"
She deliberately taunted me and took 
for-e-ver to open the door.


FINALLY I got my nighttime recon!


There were so many interesting smells and sounds.


I even saw a dead frog.

When we went by Angel's window I paused to look for her.


Unfortunately she wasn't there.

Still, it was a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment